So here is a sauce recipe combining beans, chicken and wine, which I think you will also like.
For: 4 servings
- 1/2 kg cooked beans (kidney beans for example)
- 300 grams chicken breast
- 250 grams button mushrooms
- 1 paprika
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt to taste
- 1 tomato
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 150 ml dry red wine
- This is what we shall use ...
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes & fry it hot oil for 5 minutes
- In the meantime, chop onions, mushrooms, paprika & tomato
- Add onions and mushrooms to the chicken & fry for about 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and paprika and then the soy sauce, wine and spices. Mix well
- Let this simmer, covered on low heat for about 25 minutes. This ensures that the vegetables get cooked and leave a relatively thick sauce. You will need to stir, now and then.
- Another variation, described below under notes
You are ready to serve this with rice or whatever else you prefer.
Alternatively, you could take this a step further or use what is left over to make something slightly different.
To some hot oil in a frying pan, add cooked rice and fry it for a while and then add some of the sauce as shown in accompanying video. Mix well & fry for a few minutes.
Though, the taste would be different, replacing the wine with water or chicken or vegetable stock should do. One would probably need to fine-tune the seasoning.