Store-bought doughnuts are great, but homemade ones are better, especially if you use this recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients (except the oil) in a bowl for about 2 minutes or until it makes a smooth batter.
- Roll the batter into 10-12 long, thick dough strips.
- Shape the dough strips like doughnuts by connecting the 2 sides together really well.
- Pour the oil in a medium-sized pan on the stove and set on medium or medium high.
- Place one doughnut in the pan gently when the oil is warm (before the oil starts bubbling).
- Brown the doughnut for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Optional: Put more sugar in a bowl and dip the entire doughnut in it to make it taste sweeter. You can also mix cinnamon and sugar if you prefer a sweet topping, then dip it in. Or put on chocolate sprinkles.