How to Make Egg Bhurji (Scrambled Eggs Indian Style).
For: 1 serving
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion ((finely chopped))
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- Zeera/Cumin Seeds
- Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tablespoons Haldi/Turmeric
- Break and beat eggs and keep them aside. You may add salt to the egg if you so desire.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the zeera.
- Once the zeera sparkles, add the turmeric, ginger garlic paste and the onions
- Saute the onions till they are a light brown
- Add the tomatoes, the salt and red chilli powder
- Once the tomatoes are cooked (they should be completely mashed) add the eggs. Stir vigorously and continuously
- The Egg will get scrambled and absorb the flavour of the gravy. Cook the eggs till the gravy gets dry
- Your Egg Bhurjee is ready
- You can make a sandwich out of it.
- It also makes a great paratha filling.
- You can make it as spicy or as bland as you want by altering the spices.
- If you beat the eggs with about 2 tpbs of milk, and one Tbsp cream, the bhurjee will come out softer and tastier.
- Don’t over heat the oil before you add the zeera. It needs to be hot and not steaming.
- Turmeric and the grease used in the dish, will coat your vessel. If you want to get rid of this coating at the end, just rub the vessel with some tamarind.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. How to Make Egg Bhurji (Scrambled Eggs Indian Style).