A light, green salad with a Thai twist. This recipe brings the best out of a salad and goes well with Thai food as an accompaniment.
For: 4 people
- 3 tomatoes ((heirloom))
- 100 grams green beans ((3.5 oz))
- 4 tablespoons coriander ((chopped))
- 1 tablespoon basil ((chopped))
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts ((chopped unsalted))
- 3 tablespoon fresh red chilli ((de-seeded, finely chopped))
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic ((minced))
- Prepare the tomatoes. Core and cut the tomatoes into cubes. Discard the very top and bottom of each tomato. Place them in a bowl
- Slice the beans. Cut all the beans in half, finely slice them into strips and add them to the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped herbs and the peanuts.
- Make the sauce. Put the chilli, lemon juice, palm sugar, fish sauce and garlic into a bowl and mix well. Mash the palm sugar with the back of the spoon to help it dissolve.
- Serve and enjoy. Pour the sauce over the tomatoes and beans. Toss the salad well and serve. It is great accompanied with some crusty white bread.
1 sharp knife
- This will serve 4-6 people.
Things You’ll Need
- 1 cutting board
- 2 bowls
- 1 spoon
- How to Make Thai Yellow Curry
- How to Make a Sri Lankan Fruit Salad
- How to Cook Phad Thai
- How to Make Thai Tuna Soup
- How to Make Thai Basil Chicken
Sources and Citations
- Original source of article: VideoJug, Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad. Shared with permission.