Here is a chicken dish with vegetables that I find delicious … and easy to make.
For: 2 servings
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken meat (best from breast area)
- 250 grams button mushrooms (such as used for pizza)
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini ( medium size)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 liter hot water
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, such as cubes
- Clean the mushrooms & chop them, together with the other vegetables
- Heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan & when hot, add and fry the vegetables for 10 - 15 minutes. This is normally enough to get them cooked. Place them aside
- Fry the chicken in about 1 tablespoon of oil for about 10 minutes. Squeeze in juice of the 1/2 lemon. Add spices and continue to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock dissolved in 1/4 liter of hot water and mix well
- Lemon chicken with vegetables. That should do.
Serve hot with … potatoes, cassava, rice, chapati, sweet potatoes …
One can try this with other vegetable combinations. I can imagine next time instead of lemon juice, using Soy Sauce (from a Chinese food store) to give it a different taste.