I thought I could share a sandwich idea or 2. This is the first one …
For: 2 servings
- 1/4 kg bread (sliced)
- 1 tomato
- kohlrabi (optional)
- ketchup (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper ((black/white or whatever you have (optional)))
- 200 grams tuna ((1 can, drained))
- Slice the tomato, cucumber, kohlrabi
- spread a generous amount of tuna on the bread slices
- add some slices of the salad ingredients
- add some mayonnaise and or ketchup or both
- add some salt and pepper to taste
With bread of 250g (1/4kg) – 400g, this should suffice for a complete meal for a person [under “normal circumstances” ], in case it’s used for that purpose. Otherwise, with smaller portions, it could do as a snack for 2.
Other spices like paprika & garlic powder (I used both) can be used to enrich and or vary the taste.
Instead of mayonnaise, one could also use mustard. Not a bad variation.
Excess tuna should be kept in a fridge.
The sandwich, has lots of fresh & nutritious ingredients. I prefer wholemeal bread (used above) as it’s more nutritious than white bread.
More sandwich ideas will be shared. If you have any, you are welcome to share them here.