No idea why it’s called corn salad, but that is its name. According to Wikipedia “It is also called Lewiston cornsalad, lamb’s lettuce, fetticus, field salad, mâche, feldsalat, nut lettuce and rapunzel”. Anyway, here is a simple salad you might want to make, the next time you get your hands it.
For: 3 servings
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion (small - medium)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 150 grams corn salad
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- This what we shall use ...
- Prepare the corn salad by removing roots, washing it (if necessary) & remove excess water
- Chop the tomatoes & onion into thin slices
- For the salad dressing: Add to 3 - 4 tablespoons oil in a salad dish vinegar, basil & mustard and mix vigorously
- Just before eating add the corn salad, onion & tomatoes & mix well
Bon apetit! I hope you also like it. Share your feedback or version.