A quick to make and delicious Tuna and Kidney beans salad which can also do for a complete meal.
For: 2 servings
- 1 can tuna ( in oil - about 150g)
- 1/4 kg kidney beans (freshly cooked or canned)
- 1 paprika
- radishes (a couple - (optional))
- salt to taste
- cucumber (a small piece)
- 1 tomato
- pepper to taste (black, white, or whatever you have)
- What we shall use ...
- Chop the paprika, tomato and radishes into bite-size pieces
- Add the beans (decanted) and tuna fillets, together with the oil
- Add salt and pepper and mix well
- That is all! Enjoy! Bon appetit! Ufurahie chakula chako! Buon appetito!
You can add cucumber, like I did or other ingredients if you like or substitute some you do not have. Herbal salt can be used instead of normal salt.
I like eating this salad with bread as a complete meal. It is quite satisfying, as it makes 2 generous portions and can be prepared within a few minutes. This, in some regions requires “liberating” oneself from the notion that lunch or supper must necessarily consist of some hot, cooked, steaming fufu, ugali (posho), etc and some sauce and where the rest of such foods are not recognized as “real” food.