How you can make a Zesty Cucumber Salad
For: 3 servings
- 1 cucumber ((a small one, about 500g))
- 150 grams plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard ((or a bit more))
- black pepper to taste ((or other type))
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice ((or 2 of vinegar or soy sauce))
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons mixed salad herbs
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 150 grams olives ((optional))
- This is what we shall use ...
- To the plain yoghurt in a dish, add kitchen herbs, pepper, salt and mustard and mix well to make the salad dressing. You could add the rosemary now or later, like I did ...
- Chop the onion & cucumber into thin slices
- Add them to the salad dressing and mix
- Sprinkle some rosemary over the salad
- If you want and have some olives around, scatter some few ... Enjoy!
Other ingredients, like sliced tomatoes, paprika and so on could substitute some or all of the cucumber.
I personally prefer using vinegar or soy sauce to lemon juice.
If you find the onions a bit too hot/strong in their taste, you can do without them.
Feel free to use the salad dressing for other salad combinations.
This makes a good accompaniment for a meal with “muchomo” (roasted meat).