AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania: Datooga People Given a Museum on 12/11/2019 at 14:55
[Daily News] MEMBERS of the Datooga nomadic tribe based in the northern volcanic highlands near Mount Hanang have got a shot in the arm as Chem Chem Association has offered them support in the form of a tourism centre.
- Africa: Aviation Spends Big On IT for Improved Travel on 12/11/2019 at 13:44
[East African] The aviation industry spent a record $50 billion on information technology to refine passenger satisfaction and enhance management of processes at airports and in aircraft in 2018.
- Africa: Visa Openness Index - Report Shows Improvement in Visa Restrictions on 12/11/2019 at 13:24
[This Day] For the first time, on average, Africans could travel to approximately 27 countries visa-free or with a visa on arrival.
- Nigeria: African Carriers Lose U.S.$1.54 On Every Passenger - IATA on 12/11/2019 at 10:40
[Daily Trust] Lagos -African carriers lose $1.54 for every passenger they carry, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) has said.
- Malawi: London Gets a 'Taste of Malawi' on 11/11/2019 at 10:59
[Malawi News Agency] Prospective investors, tour operators, airlines and business officials in London on Thursday gathered at Scotland House for a "Taste of Malawi" night where Industry, Trade and Tourism Minister Salim Bagus said the sector is set to become one of the key economic sectors.
- South Africa: Home Affairs Relaxes Travel Requirements for Child Tourists on 11/11/2019 at 10:09
[SAnews.gov.za] Home Affairs Minister, Dr Aaron Motsoaledi, has signed a waiver that allows foreign children to enter the country without carrying additional supporting documents such as birth certificates and consent letters.
- Nigeria: Travel Agent Sues NAHCON Chairman Over Tenure Elongation on 11/11/2019 at 05:37
[Premium Times] A travel agent, Masu'd Muazu, has dragged the Chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), Abdullahi Muhammad, before a Federal High Court in Abuja for an alleged unlawful stay in office.
- South Africa: Retro and Cool Brews, Brandy and Milkshakes At the Gateway to the Klein Karoo on 08/11/2019 at 14:09
[Daily Maverick] Barrydale is affectionately known as a drinking town with a farming problem, but there are some gems tucked away in the Karoo dorpie.
- Nigeria: Agenda for New NCAA Director General on 08/11/2019 at 13:59
[This Day] With the appointment of a new Director General for the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, industry stakeholders are demanding the consolidation of air safety and autonomy of the agency.
- Nigeria: Dickson's N100 Billion Airport Runway Not Properly Built, Oshiomhole Alleges on 08/11/2019 at 13:16
[This Day] Abuja -The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has accused the Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, of wasting about N100 billion on the construction of poor runway for the state's airport.
- Nigeria: Travelers Lament Check-in Delays on 08/11/2019 at 13:06
[This Day] Outbound travelers from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos have been complaining about delays caused by the Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS) personnel who obstruct their check-in process, while screening for agro commodities.
- Africa: Rwanda Ranked Continent's Top Emerging Travel Destination on 07/11/2019 at 10:04
[New Times] Rwanda has been ranked as the top Africa destination to travel to in 2020 and among the top 30 globally by a ranking, Travel Lemming which recognizes trending destinations.
- Ghana: Afadzato South Partners GTA to Boost Tourism on 07/11/2019 at 09:14
[Ghanaian Times] Tourism in the Afadzato South District is to witness a big boost with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) for its development.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Royal Tour Documentary Screened in London on 07/11/2019 at 05:03
[New Times] Visit Rwanda on Tuesday evening hosted a screening of the Rwanda Royal Tour which convened international tour operators who had come to showcase the country's vibrant and diverse offering of luxury and ecotourism experiences.
- Liberia: Plans Underway for Terminal B At RIA on 06/11/2019 at 10:17
[Observer] -MD Bishop Klayee discloses
- Liberia: RIA to Build New Transit Terminal on 06/11/2019 at 09:15
[New Dawn] -As US airport considers aircraft servicing center
- Botswana: Francistown's Amazing History Worth Preserving on 06/11/2019 at 08:02
[Botswana Daily News] Francistown -Francistown carries an amazing history as it used to be a mining town with cosmopolitan inhabitants and was part of the Cape to Cairo railroad system.
- Sudan: Sabalouga Waterfalls, A Growing Tourist Attraction on 06/11/2019 at 07:57
[SudaNow] Goes the legend: This thing dates back to the year when the River Nile was dug.
- Botswana: Ranger Urges Residents to Develop Tourism on 06/11/2019 at 07:53
[Botswana Daily News] Nxaraga -Field ranger at Great Plains Conservation and Expanding Natural Habitats, Mr Mpho Malongwa has applauded residents of Nxaraga for playing a positive role in protecting wild animals found in their area.
- South Africa: Minority Shareholders Blow the Lid On Their 'Oppression' By SA's Airport Monopoly on 05/11/2019 at 07:13
[Daily Maverick] Airports Company South Africa faced off with minority shareholders at the South Gauteng High Court on Wednesday 30 October in a protracted battle about shareholders wanting to disinvest from the SOE and for their shares to be repurchased at fair market value.
- Rwanda: Former National Volleyball Star Ventures Into Tourism on 05/11/2019 at 05:43
[New Times] Adolphe Mutoni has always had a dream to be involved in the development of the tourism industry despite being occupied in sports as a player for the national volleyball team for about 10 years.
- Rwanda: Bisate Lodge's Journey to Five Star Status on 04/11/2019 at 06:35
[New Times] Bisate Lodge, a luxury lodge located in the Volcanoes National Park in Musanze District, received a five-star grading on Friday evening, becoming the fifth five-star hotel in Rwanda.
- Kenya: Passengers No Longer At Ease As Aircraft Accidents Surge on 02/11/2019 at 11:23
[East African] There has been an average of an aircraft mishap every month within the Kenyan airspace in the past 22 months, according to a report, as the general safety of the country's aviation industry comes under intense scrutiny.
- Tanzania: UK Revises Travel Advisory to Tanzania, Says No Ebola Evidence on 02/11/2019 at 11:14
[East African] The UK government on Friday revised its travel advisory that had asked British nationals living in and those travelling to Tanzania to exercise caution.
- Mozambique: Tourism On the Increase, Says Prime Minister on 01/11/2019 at 17:06
[AIM] Maputo -Mozambican Prime Minister Carlos Agostinho do Rosario said on Thursday that tourism to Mozambique is gradually increasing, and that in 2018 tourism earned the country 241.8 million dollars, compared with 196 million in 2015.
- Morocco: Morocco Tourism Gains Momentum on 01/11/2019 at 11:38
[IPS] United Nations -The crème de la crème of Hollywood was in Marrakech, Morocco, for the wedding of British movie star Idris Elba in April this year. Elba tied the knot with his Canadian model girlfriend, former Miss Vancouver Sabrina Dhowre, at the Ksar Char-Bagh hotel, an exquisite Alhambra-style hotel.
- Nigeria: We Achieved a Lot in Culture and Tourism Sector - Lai Mohammed on 01/11/2019 at 07:26
[Vanguard] Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said the ministry has made remarkable achievement while also revealing the plans of the Federal Government to launch National Policy on Culture, Tourism and finalise work on Motion Picture Council of Nigeria and others.
- Botswana: Tsela Riders Cycling Challenge to Promote Sport Tourism on 31/10/2019 at 10:12
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -The fifth annual BPC Otse-Kanye cycling challenge seeks to promote sport tourism and entertainment.
- Zimbabwe: Kariba Tourism Fair Sparkles on 31/10/2019 at 08:56
[The Herald] NyamiNyami Festival brought Kariba to a standstill over the weekend as people from all walks of life converged at the Lake Harvest Harbour for festivities aimed at reviving tourism in the resort town. The festival, which was once hosted by the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA), had been put on hold because of financial challenges.
- Malawi: Malawi Rolls Out Us$10 Million AfDB Funded Tourism Project on 31/10/2019 at 07:24
[Nyasa Times] Malawi government has rolled out a multi-million dollar four year cultural development project aimed at promoting investment and competitiveness in the tourism sector.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”5″ maximgwidth=”100″]