Africa News Headlines
From BBC & VOA Africa News
Much more in news section!
- Raja Meziane: Algerian unsigned singer becomes sound of revolution
In an emotional interview, Raja Meziane recounts how exile from Algeria led to unexpected success.
- Leader of South Africa's largest opposition party quits
Africa's Democratic Alliance loses its second senior black politician in a week.
- Ethiopia protesters burn Nobel winner Abiy Ahmed's book
Demonstrators are angry with Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed over the alleged treatment of an activist.
- Mohamed Magassouba lands Mali role on permanent basis
The Mali Football Federation confirms that Mohamed Magassouba will stay on as coach of the country's national team after two years as interim boss.
- Photographers use portraits and still life to highlight hunger
A new exhibition highlights malnutrition in the Central African Republic, South Sudan and Liberia.
- Trapped in Tripoli: The people stuck in Libya’s civil war
Survivors of a deadly air strike on a migrant detention centre in July tell the BBC they feel abandoned by the United Nations, and are desperate to escape Libya.