Dr. Matthew Lukwya, a Ugandan physician, passed up lucrative offers to work among the poor and died from the ebola virus while leading an effort to stop its spread. (January 2, 2001)
Africa News Headlines
Much more in news section!
- Africa Cup of Nations: Angola qualify ahead of Burkina Faso
Debutant Wilson Eduardo is the hero for Angola as they clinch a place at the Africa Cup of Nations on the final weekend of qualifiers. […]
- Cyclone Idai: Cholera cases reported in storm-hit Mozambique
Cases are reported in the flooded port city of Beira, a week after it was hit by a deadly cyclone. […]
- Cyclone Idai: Zimbabwe's desperate search for the missing
Communities in Zimbabwe continue to search through rubble for family members missing after the storm. […]
- Cyclone Idai: 'We saw 200 bodies by the roadside'
A stranded motorist in Mozambique tells of the scene of devastation along the Beira to Chimoio highway. […]
- Banned Togo referee denies agreeing to to manipulate match
Banned Togolese referee Kokou Hougnimon Fagla admits he was asked to manipulate an international friendly but did not agree to do so. […]
- Ghana bus crash: Dozens killed after two buses collide in Bono East
Police say the vehicles were travelling in opposite directions when the crash occurred. […]
Free Licensed Software 4 AFRICA – Everyday!!
Website Search [for all other articles]
Web Directory Search
Latest Directory Additions
Click banner to go to directory form …