Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- South Africa: Simon Harmer Doesn't Care What You Think on 13/11/2019 at 11:55
[New Frame] The South African bowler is unapologetic about turning his back on the Proteas after he struggled to cement a regular place in the side. He shifted his focus to England, where he has starred for Essex.
- Liberia: European Union Scholarship Opportunity Announced on 13/11/2019 at 09:39
[Observer] The European Union (EU) delegation in Liberia on Tuesday, November 12, announced a one-day information session on its Erasmus+ program to be held at the Fendall Campus of the University of Liberia (UL) on today, November 13, 2019.
- Zimbabwe: Govt Says Unperturbed By Perceived British Wink At Fired Doctors on 13/11/2019 at 09:31
[New Zimbabwe] Government says it is not reading much into recent British plans to relax terms for foreign doctors and nurses wishing to be employed within its health institutions.
- Liberia: EU Delegation Holds Information Session On EU's Scholarships Opportunity on 13/11/2019 at 09:27
[New Dawn] The European Union Delegation in Liberia announces a one day information session on its Erasmus+ program to be held at the Fandell Campus of the University of Liberia on Wednesday 13thNovember 2019.
- Liberia: Deputy MFDP Minister Expresses Gratitude to Partners on 13/11/2019 at 09:27
[New Dawn] Deputy Finance and Development Planning Minister for Budget, Tanneh G. Brunson has expressed gratitude to European Union, Swedish Government and UN Women for their support through the Spotlight Initiative Project to the country's Gender Response Planning Budgeting and Coordination Unit (GRPB).
- Sudan: Hamdok Affirms Sudanese People Appreciation of EU Support on 13/11/2019 at 08:36
[SNA] Brussels -The Prime Minister, Dr. Abdalla Hamdok, has thanked the European Union for its continuous support to the struggle of the Sudanese people, explaining that the support of the European Union is appreciated by the Sudanese people.
- Sudan: Prime Minister Returns Home After Successful Visit to Brussels on 13/11/2019 at 08:36
[SNA] Khartoum -Prime Minister, Dr. Abdalla Hamdok, and the accompanying delegation Tuesday evening returned home after a two-day visit to Brussels at the invitation of the European Union.
- Sudan: FM Receives Credentials of Italian Ambassador on 13/11/2019 at 08:36
[SNA] Khartoum -The Foreign Minister, Asma Mohamed Abdalla, received Tuesday a copy of credentials of Ginalo Luigias, the new Ambassador of Italy to Sudan.
- Sudan: European Union Extends 55 Million Euros to Sudan on 13/11/2019 at 08:35
[SNA] Brussels -The Eurpean Union has extened 55 Millions euros to Sudan through the Humanitarian Aid Commission as humanitarian support.
- Kenya: Man Who Fell From Kenya Airways Plane Into a London Garden Identified on 13/11/2019 at 08:32
[Nation] The stowaway, who fell off a Kenya Airways plane moments before it landed at London's Heathrow Airport in June has been identified.
- Somalia: UK Warns its Citizens Against Traveling to Somalia on 13/11/2019 at 08:15
[Shabelle] Britons have been warned against traveling to Somalia for fear of terrorist attacks and kidnappings.
- Congo-Kinshasa: EU Approval of First Ebola Vaccine is Game Changer on 13/11/2019 at 07:38
[VOA] This week the European Commission gave approval to a Ebola vaccine -- an act that the World Health Organization calls landmark moment for global health and a likely game-changer in the battle against this deadly disease.
- South Sudan: Germany Donates Millions to WFP for Flooding on 13/11/2019 at 07:36
[VOA] Germany has donated $10.9 million to the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) to provide food aid to communities hard hit by widespread flooding across South Sudan. A WFP official who just returned from Pibor said the flooding is a real emergency that requires an immediate response.
- Kenya: Kenya Airports Authority Denies Sky News Report on Identity of KQ Stowaway on 13/11/2019 at 06:26
[Capital FM] Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) has denied reports in Sky News that identified the Kenya Airways stowaway who fell from a plane into a London garden earlier this year.
- Cameroon: France's Macron Urged to Take Action in Anglophone Crisis on 13/11/2019 at 04:53
[Deutsche Welle] A group of scholars and human rights advocates has used the launch of the Paris Peace Forum to pressure President Macron to use France's "considerable influence" to help bring Cameroon's ongoing conflict to an end.
- Cameroon: Paris Peace Forum Opens - President Paul Biya Takes Active Part on 12/11/2019 at 14:11
[Cameroon Tribune] The Head of State will today join some world leaders in France to examine ways of reinforcing peace, governance and development.
- Cameroon: Chantal Biya At the Paris Peace Forum on 12/11/2019 at 14:11
[Cameroon Tribune] Her participation on the side-lines of activities within the forum will help in bringing solutions to some problems women face when there is unrest.
- Liberia: Pres. Weah Holds Bilateral, Multilateral Talks At Paris Forum on 12/11/2019 at 11:25
[Observer] President George Weah on Monday, November 11, 2019 held bilateral discussions with French President Emmanuel Macron, hours before the formal opening of this Year's Paris Peace Forum on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, the Executive Mansion said in a release.
- Sudan: Switzerland Grants U.S.$2 Million for Livelihoods Interventions in Darfur on 12/11/2019 at 11:15
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -On Monday, the Government of Switzerland, acting through the Embassy of Switzerland in Khartoum and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), signed an agreement under which it will contribute $ 2 million to support livelihoods' activities in Darfur.
- Sudan: Hamdok Praises EU Stance in Support of Sudan on 12/11/2019 at 10:55
[SNA] Brussels -The Prime Minister d. Abdullah Hamdok, has commended the European Union's position in support of Sudan.
- Sudan: Hamdok Presents Government Priorities to EU Foreign Ministers on 12/11/2019 at 10:55
[SNA] Brussels -The Prime Minister, Dr. Abdalla Hamdok, addressed Monday a meeting at the headquarters of the European Union with the EU Foreign Ministers.
- Zimbabwe: Re-Engagement Policy Reaches a Milestone on 12/11/2019 at 07:59
[The Herald] President Mnangagwa's re-engagement policy reaches a milestone next week when the second session of the Zimbabwe and European Union (EU) formal political dialogue is elevated to ministerial level. The meeting will take place in Harare, coming after the first formal meeting between the two sides in about 17 years was held on June 5 this year at the level of officials.
- Kenya: Kenya's Keter Breaks 5km World Record in Lille on 12/11/2019 at 07:17
[Capital FM] Lille -Kenya's Robert Keter upstaged a quality field to win the Urban Trail Lille 5km road race over the weekend, taking seven seconds off the world record with his winning time of 13:22.
- Rwanda: Rwandan Strikes Silver At Athens Marathon on 12/11/2019 at 07:17
[New Times] Félicien Muhitira is the best distance runner the country has had over the last ten years.
- Rwanda: Dutch Prosecution Zero in On Genocide Suspect Nyabusore on 12/11/2019 at 05:49
[New Times] The Dutch judiciary has opened an investigation into a man of Rwandan origin who is a key fugitive wanted back home to answer for his alleged role in the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi.
- Rwanda: Top DFID Official Visits on 12/11/2019 at 05:23
[New Times] The Permanent Secretary of the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID), Matthew Rycroft, is in Rwanda for a three-day visit.
- Libya: Russia Throws More Weight Behind Maverick General Haftar on 12/11/2019 at 04:38
[ISS] After some equivocation, Moscow is now reportedly throwing its weight more fully behind Libya's maverick General Khalifa Haftar in his attempt to overthrow the United Nations-backed Tripoli government of Fayez al-Sarraj.
- Angola: João Lourenço Visits Vatican on 11/11/2019 at 14:50
[ANGOP] Luanda -The President of the Republic, João Lourenço, travels Monday morning to the Vatican State, for an official visit, at the invitation of Pope Francis.
- Malawi: London Gets a 'Taste of Malawi' on 11/11/2019 at 10:59
[Malawi News Agency] Prospective investors, tour operators, airlines and business officials in London on Thursday gathered at Scotland House for a "Taste of Malawi" night where Industry, Trade and Tourism Minister Salim Bagus said the sector is set to become one of the key economic sectors.
- South Africa: Fall of the Berlin Wall Remembered on 11/11/2019 at 05:23
[Deutsche Welle] Three months after the Berlin Wall came down, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison. On the weekend, guests at Germany's embassy in South Africa looked back on those seismic events of 30 years ago.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”6″ maximgwidth=”100″]