AllAfrica News: Latest All Africa, All the Time.
- Africa: More than 52 million People Across Africa Going Hungry as Weather Extremes Hit the Continent on 20/11/2019 at 17:28
[Oxfam] Millions displaced; women, girls hit hardest; crises compounded by conflicts, poverty, and inequality; $700m average climate-related losses; urgent action needed now
- South Africa: Graça Machel Trust Launches the Women Creating Wealth programme in South Africa on 20/11/2019 at 14:12
[GraÃ§a Machel Trust] The Graça Machel Trust, is bringing the Women Creating Wealth Entrepreneurship Development Programme to South Africa. Women Creating Wealth is a Pan-African initiative that has significantly grown the businesses and positively impacted the entrepreneurial behaviours, skills, and confidence of women entrepreneurs.
- Swaziland: Eswatini Students Stand Up to Failing Institutes on 20/11/2019 at 14:04
[New Frame] Students at the Southern Africa Nazarene University are the latest to protest against inadequate government funding and poor faculty and facilities. The police reacted with live ammunition.
- West Africa: 'Three-Country Crisis' Across Central Sahel Puts Whole Generation At Risk, Warns UN Food Agency on 20/11/2019 at 13:45
[UN News] Violent attacks by extremists "almost every day" in the Sahel nations of Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso have displaced nearly one million people and caused emergency levels of malnutrition, UN humanitarians have said.
- South Africa: Africa Unite Concert Cancelled After Outcry Over Burna Boy on 20/11/2019 at 12:37
[allAfrica] Cape Town -All those who were looking forward to see Burna Boy perform in Mzansi are left with a heavy heart.
- Nigeria: Why Nigeria Needs to Review Its Criminal, Penal Codes on 20/11/2019 at 10:32
[Premium Times] One early morning in November 2013, Adepoju Jamiu woke up to observe the first of the five Islamic daily prayers at Okela, a community in Ondo State.
- Zimbabwe: Invest in Citizens' Health, Not Military, Govt Told on 20/11/2019 at 10:21
[New Zimbabwe] Mutare -African countries should shift from a culture of investing heavily on military and give priority to health of citizens, an economist said.
- Zimbabwe: 'Mnangagwa Should Have Fired All Security Chiefs After Rally Bombing' on 20/11/2019 at 10:08
[New Zimbabwe] President Emmerson Mnangagwa should have cleared out the hierarchy of the country's security establishment following the White City bombing that nearly claimed the life of the national leader, a month before last year's elections.
- Zimbabwe: 'Only Zimbabweans Can Solve Their Economic, Political Challenges' on 20/11/2019 at 09:59
[New Zimbabwe] While South Africa and other countries in the region are ready to help, only Zimbabweans have the solutions to the country's problems, a Cabinet Minister in President Cyril Ramaphosa's government has said.
- Namibia: Cops Seize Marijuana Worth U.S.$433,000 on 20/11/2019 at 09:55
[New Era] Windhoek -A driver and co-worker were arrested after being found in possession of cannabis worth N$6.4 million on Saturday morning on the B3 road to Grunau.
- Zimbabwe: Govt Engages China On Budget Figures on 20/11/2019 at 09:29
[The Herald] Government will engage the Chinese Embassy in Harare to establish a common accounting position on how much Harare received from Beijing as development partner support for 2019.
- Zimbabwe: Home Delivered Babies in Birth Registration Dilemma on 20/11/2019 at 09:29
[The Herald] Ms Esther Zinyoro of Mbare, Harare, also known as Mbuya Gwena, has become an overnight sensation due to the assistance she has been rendering to expecting mothers, most of whom were stranded after council nurses went on strike citing incapacitation.
- Lesotho: Opposition MPs Reject Salary Increments on 20/11/2019 at 09:12
[Lesotho Times] Opposition legislators have refused to adopt a parliamentary report recommending salary increments for members of parliament and officials in charge of the parastatals.
- South Africa: Girl, 13, Arrested for Allegedly Bludgeoning Grandmother to Death on 20/11/2019 at 08:29
[News24Wire] A 13-year-old girl has been arrested for the murder of her 63-year-old grandmother, who was found bludgeoned to death in her home in Jan Roz Crescent in Fairbreeze, Tongaat, north of Durban, on Monday.
- Zimbabwe: Trial Date Set For Former Health Minister Parirenyatwa on 20/11/2019 at 07:29
[The Herald] The trial of former Health and Child Care Minister David Parirenyatwa on charges of criminal abuse of office will resume on December 2 after the State yesterday indicated that it was now ready to proceed with the trial.
- Uganda: Uganda Human Rights Commission Chairperson Meddie Kaggwa Dies on 20/11/2019 at 07:22
[Monitor] The chairperson of the Uganda Human Rights Commission, Med Kaggwa has died.Mr Kaggwa, the former Kawempe South MP was pronounced dead by doctors at Case Hospital where he was rushed on Wednesday morning.
- Nigeria: Authorities Launch Campaign Against Open Defecation on 20/11/2019 at 07:17
[VOA] Baba Awolu reports for work at 5 a.m. each day at a local toilet and washroom facility he owns in the Jahi district of Abuja. The facility, known in the native Hausa language as "Gidan Wanka," was built to serve poor people without access to bathrooms.
- South Africa: Disputed Funeral Claim - Family Bring Corpse to Insurer's Office on 20/11/2019 at 06:48
[allAfrica] Cape Town -A South African family brought a corpse to the office of insurer Old Mutual, eNCA reports.
- Kenya: Anti-Sexual Harassment Campaign #CampusMeToo Launched in Nairobi on 20/11/2019 at 06:33
[Nairobi News] One in every two female students and one in every four male students has experienced a form of sexual harassment from a member of staff in Kenyan Universities.
- Kenya: Imran Okoth Sworn in as Kibra Lawmaker on 20/11/2019 at 06:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Imran Okoth has taken oath of office succeeding his late brother Ken Okoth the Kibra representative in the National Assembly.
- Southern Africa: South Africa Stands in Solidarity With Zimbabwe - International Relations Minister on 20/11/2019 at 05:49
[News24Wire] South Africa "unequivocally stand in solidarity" with Zimbabwe, despite alleged human rights abuses.
- Ghana: Ex-Ghana President Appeal to Nigeria Govt to Open Up Borders on 20/11/2019 at 05:29
[Vanguard] Mr John Mahama, Former President of Ghana on Tuesday appealed to the Nigeria Government to open up her border so that economic activities can resume in West Africa.
- Nigeria: Buhari Transmits Six Bills to Senate for Consideration, Passage on 20/11/2019 at 05:29
[Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday transmitted six aviation sector bills to the Senate for consideration and passage into law.
- Nigeria: Convicted Fraudster Pulls Off $1 Million Scam From Kirikiri Prison on 20/11/2019 at 05:24
[Premium Times] A convicted internet fraudster, Hope Olusegun Aroke, who is serving a 24-year jail term at the Kirikiri Maximum Prison in Lagos is again, the subject of an investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for being the alleged mastermind of a mega scam to the tune of over $1,000,000.
- Africa: Africa is Ripe for Investments, Kagame to Germany Investors on 20/11/2019 at 05:04
[New Times] President Paul Kagame on Tuesday made case for Africa's business environment, saying the continent is ripe for investments from countries like Germany and others from the European Union (EU) area.
- Africa: Merkel Urges Reforms to Woo German Investors to the Continent on 20/11/2019 at 04:49
[Deutsche Welle] German Chancellor Angela Merkel has hosted African leaders for the third G20 Compact with Africa summit in Berlin. The initiative aims to boost private investment in Africa -- but challenges remain.
- Somalia: Weather and War - How Climate Shocks Are Compounding Country's Problems on 20/11/2019 at 04:46
[The New Humanitarian] Nairobi/Jowhar, Somalia -The failure of seasonal rains earlier this year in Somalia threatened more than two million people with hunger as their crops shrivelled in the fields and livestock died from the lack of water and pasture.
- Africa: Ocean Could Provide Over Six Times More Food Than It Does Today on 20/11/2019 at 04:39
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -The ocean could provide over six times more food than it does now with better management and more technological innovation, scientists said on Tuesday, adding that boosting cultivation of bivalves like mussels and clams could be especially beneficial.
- Africa: The Football TV Blackout Could Last for a While on 20/11/2019 at 04:38
[The Conversation Africa] The governing body for soccer in Africa, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has cancelled its media and marketing rights agreement with French company, Lagardère Sports and Entertainment. The impact has been felt across the world but nowhere more so than in Africa.
- Zambia: The Plan to Remove President Lungu, From Within His Own Party on 20/11/2019 at 04:27
[African Arguments] Some in the ruling Patriotic Front have rallied behind the president. Others have developed a four-point plan to get rid of him.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”16″ maximgwidth=”100″]