Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Cameroon: Education of the Young Girl - Chantal Biya, Brigitte Macron in Synergy on 13/11/2019 at 11:51
[Cameroon Tribune] This was during a luncheon yesterday, November 12, 2019 at the Elysée Palace in Paris.
- Cameroon: Paris Peace Forum - President Biya Joins New Global Initiative on 13/11/2019 at 11:51
[Cameroon Tribune] The efforts by France to reinvigorate multilateral approach to world problems has attracted many leaders.
- Cameroon: Contribution to Peace - Cameroon Plays Key Role in Paris on 13/11/2019 at 11:51
[Cameroon Tribune] President Paul Biya addressed a panel on governance and the problems of developing countries yesterday in Paris.
- Cameroon/Cape Verde: 2021 AFCON Qualifiers - Cameroon Confronts Cape Verde Today on 13/11/2019 at 11:51
[Cameroon Tribune] The Indomitable Lions had their last training session in Yaounde yesterday, November 12, 2019 as they prepare for the encounter.
- Cameroon: "Everybody Wants to Be Credited With Breaking the News" on 13/11/2019 at 11:51
[Cameroon Tribune] Journalism in Cameroon is receiving one of its greatest bashings in recent years. Understandably, the image of the profession and its practitioners have been dealt a heavy blow. Mention fake news and hate speech and the average person will be quite familiar with at least one of them. Because they have either been victim or have heard the word mentioned so often of late. Unfortunately, the phenomena have virtually become part and parcel of our daily lives. What accounts for this state of affairs? And what c
- Angola: Foreign Ministry Focused On Promoting Country's Image Abroad on 13/11/2019 at 09:08
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angola's Foreign Affairs Ministry (MIREX) will continue its strategy to promote the county's competitiveness abroad in order for it to take advantage of international cooperation and improve the living conditions of the population, the incumbent Foreign minister, Manuel Augusto, said on Tuesday.
- Zimbabwe: Mining Professionals for Rwanda on 13/11/2019 at 08:44
[The Herald] Rwanda is keen to lure Zimbabwean mining professionals to cover a skills gap in that country that could be detrimental to the East African country's realisation of its mining goals.
- Cameroon: International Judo Open - Cameroon Grabs Five Gold Medals on 13/11/2019 at 08:26
[Cameroon Tribune] The result enabled the Cameroonian judokas to win more points on the World Ranking and more chances of qualifying for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Cameroon: 'We Have Renewed Our National Judo Team' on 13/11/2019 at 08:26
[Cameroon Tribune] Alain Christian Kingue Dihang, President of the Cameroon Judo federation.
- Cameroon: "Everybody Wants to Be Credited With Breaking the News" on 13/11/2019 at 08:26
[Cameroon Tribune] Journalism in Cameroon is receiving one of its greatest bashings in recent years. Understandably, the image of the profession and its practitioners has been dealt a heavy blow. Mention fake news and hate speech and the average person will be quite familiar with at least one of them. Because they have either been victim or have heard the word mentioned so often of late. Unfortunately, the phenomena have virtually become part and parcel of our daily lives. What accounts for this state of affairs? And what ca
- Cameroon: "There Is Growing Scepticism Towards Many Journalists" on 13/11/2019 at 08:26
[Cameroon Tribune] Dr Bernard Sakah, Lecturer, Pan-African University, Yaounde, revisits the origin of fake news and hate speech in Cameroon.
- Rwanda: Contaminated Kenyan Food Products Removed From Shelves on 13/11/2019 at 08:19
[New Times] Rwanda has banned several Kenyan-produced peanut butter and maize flower brands from its market following their recall by Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) due to high levels of aflatoxins.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Premier League - Masudi Unveiled as Bugesera Coach on 13/11/2019 at 08:04
[New Times] He previously coached Rayon Sports and AS Kigali in the topflight league.
- Rwanda: Rwanda-Uganda Meeting Postponed to November 18 on 13/11/2019 at 07:54
[New Times] The long awaited return meeting between senior Rwandan and Ugandan officials which was earlier set to be held this Wednesday in Kampala has been pushed to November 18, Monday next week.
- Rwanda: Deceased Smugglers Handed Over to Uganda on 13/11/2019 at 07:44
[New Times] Rwanda on Tuesday handed over bodies of two Ugandan nationals who were shot dead by Rwanda National Police over the weekend, after they resisted arrest and tried to fight the officers.
- Congo-Kinshasa: EU Approval of First Ebola Vaccine is Game Changer on 13/11/2019 at 07:38
[VOA] This week the European Commission gave approval to a Ebola vaccine -- an act that the World Health Organization calls landmark moment for global health and a likely game-changer in the battle against this deadly disease.
- Uganda: Uganda Sends Protest Note to Rwanda Over Deadly Border Shooting on 13/11/2019 at 07:09
[Monitor] Government of Uganda on Tuesday wrote a note verbale to Rwanda after Rwandan soldiers shot and killed two Ugandan traders over allegations of smuggling.
- Rwanda: Over 170,000 High School Candidates Begin National Exams on 13/11/2019 at 07:06
[New Times] Over 119,000 Ordinary Level and 51,291 Advanced Level secondary school candidates began their national examinations on Tuesday.
- Rwanda: Sharapova Visits Rwanda on 13/11/2019 at 07:05
[New Times] MARIA Sharapova, a five-time grand slam winner and former world number 1, is on a visit to Rwanda, reportedly since Sunday.
- Angola: Pope and Angolan President Discuss Cooperation on 13/11/2019 at 07:02
[ANGOP] Vatican -Pope Francis and Angolan President met Tuesday in the Vatican city to discuss bilateral cooperation and international politics.
- Angola: Kenneth Kaunda Supports Angolan President's Leadership on 13/11/2019 at 07:02
[ANGOP] Lusaka -The first Zambian president, Kenneth Kaunda, Monday in Lusaka highlighted the leadership of Angolan President João Lourenço and encouraged him to continue the ongoing reforms in Angola.
- Rwanda: Secondary School Candidates Begin National Examinations on 13/11/2019 at 06:17
[New Times] Some 171,123 students started the 2019 national examinations for Ordinary and Advanced levels of secondary schools on Tuesday.
- Rwanda: Tennis - Top Players in High Gear for Rwanda Open 2019 on 13/11/2019 at 06:17
[New Times] Local tennis stars have intensified preparations ahead of the upcoming Rwanda Open 2019, which starts on November 24 at Amahoro Stadium.
- Rwanda: Labour Ministry Seeks More Time for Implementation of Public Servants Bill on 13/11/2019 at 06:17
[New Times] The Ministry of Public Service and Labour has requested for more time to work on the modalities of the implementation of the draft law governing public servants.
- Rwanda: Farmer Loses 120 Animals At the Hands of Quack Vet Doctor on 13/11/2019 at 06:17
[New Times] A livestock farmer in Nyagatare District, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Uwase, last Saturday lost 121 animals shortly after they were vaccinated by a quack veterinary doctor.
- Rwanda: First Lady in Nairobi for International Conference on Population on 13/11/2019 at 06:17
[New Times] First Lady Jeannette Kagame has joined other leaders in Kenya, for the 25th anniversary of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD).
- Rwanda: Citizens Seek Govt Intervention in Rising Infidelity, Divorce Cases on 13/11/2019 at 06:03
[New Times] Rwandans are seeking the government's intervention in fixing the rising number of polygamy and divorce cases which are blamed for the weakening of the family unit fabric, Members of Parliament heard yesterday.
- Cameroon: France's Macron Urged to Take Action in Anglophone Crisis on 13/11/2019 at 04:53
[Deutsche Welle] A group of scholars and human rights advocates has used the launch of the Paris Peace Forum to pressure President Macron to use France's "considerable influence" to help bring Cameroon's ongoing conflict to an end.
- Angola: President Lourenco Skips National Day to Meet the Pope on 13/11/2019 at 04:41
[East African] Angola President Joao Lourenco on Monday breached a global unwritten norm on national days when he skipped his country's independence day fete for a state visit to Italy and the Vatican.
- Cameroon: Paris Peace Forum Opens - President Paul Biya Takes Active Part on 12/11/2019 at 14:11
[Cameroon Tribune] The Head of State will today join some world leaders in France to examine ways of reinforcing peace, governance and development.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]