Norh African News aggregated from diverse sources by AllAfrica.com, including Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Sudanese & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: North Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Tunisia: Cop 25 - Tunisia to Propose Project for Sustainable Management of Oasis Ecosystems on 20/11/2019 at 15:28
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -The project for the sustainable management of Eastern Ecosystems in Tunisia will be proposed for funding at the next COP 25 conference of parties to be held from December 2 to 13 in Madrid, said on Tuesday Basma Jbali, Secretary of State for Local Affairs and Environment.
- Algeria: Candidates Start Campaign Amidst Concerns On Popular Participation on 20/11/2019 at 14:40
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -The electoral campaign for the presidential election of December 12th got under way officially on Sunday amidst concerns about the popular participation in this crucial event.
- Algeria: Gaid Salah Greets People's Support of Army, Determination for Successful Presidential Election on 20/11/2019 at 13:56
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, deputy minister of National Defense and chief of the Army Staff, greeted Tuesday the popular wave of support, spreading throughout the country, of the People's National Army and the call "to go massively to the polls" on December 12 to make a success of the presidential election, the ministry of National Defense said in a statement.
- Tunisia: Two Successful Surgeries of Heart and Liver Transplant in Rabta and Mongi Slim Hospitals on 20/11/2019 at 13:02
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Medical teams at the hospitals of Rabta in Tunis and Mongi Slim in Marsa, on Tuesday, successfully performed two surgeries of heart and liver transplant, said Director-General of the National Centre for the Promotion of Organ Transplantation (French: CNPTO) Taher Gargah.
- Africa: Africa Visa Openness Index 2019 - Tunisia Ranks 27th on 20/11/2019 at 13:01
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Tunisia was ranked 27th (out of 54) in the Africa Visa Openness Index 2019, according to a report recently published by the African Development Bank (AfDB).
- Morocco: What Are the Priorities of Morocco's Youth? Do Moroccans Face Corruption On a Daily Basis? Will Borrowing Dim Morocco's Fiscal Health? on 20/11/2019 at 13:00
[Moroccan American Center] According to the latest findings of the Arab Barometer, which surveyed approximately 2,400 Moroccans in face-to-face interviews in the fall of 2018, attitudes are largely split along generational lines. While the older generation (50+) still has confidence in the country's institutions, younger Moroccans, reflecting trends across the Arab world, are frustrated with the lack of economic and political opportunities. Overall, all groups see the economy and the quality of public services as the most important
- Tunisia: Tunis to Host 2nd National Competition of Invention & 1st Fair of Mediterranean Inventors, February 2020 on 20/11/2019 at 12:46
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Tunis will play host to the 2nd edition of the National Invention Competition and the 1st Fair of Mediterranean Inventors on the occasion of the 2nd edition of Smart Industry (February 19-20, 2020), said the Agency for the Promotion of Industry and Innovation (APII) on its website.
- Tunisia: Tunisia Warns of 'Serious Consequences' of Legalisation of Settlement in Occupied Arab Territories on 20/11/2019 at 12:42
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Tunisia warned on Tuesday of the "serious consequences" of settlement in the occupied Arab territories, affirming that its legalisation, under any pretext, is "void and an unconstructive decision," and is considered as a flagrant violation of international conventions and standards," likely to destroy the legal basis of all just settlement of the Palestinian issue.
- Tunisia: Taliban Frees Two Western Prisoners on 20/11/2019 at 12:42
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Kabul/Afghanistan -The Afghan Taliban on Tuesday released American and Australian university professors held hostage for more than three years, officials of the three nations said, completing a delayed prisoner swap and raising hopes for a revival of peace talks.
- Tunisia: Monastir - 4 New Startups At Teleworking Centre Soon on 20/11/2019 at 09:30
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Four new startups created by young graduates will soon be installed at the Monastir remote work centre, after obtaining the approval of the regional commission in charge of studying the application forms.
- Tunisia: Bachtobji Underlines in Berlin Tunisia's Success in Promoting Transparency, Good Governance and Improving Investment Climate on 20/11/2019 at 09:28
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Acting Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sabri Bachtobji, delivered a speech in Berlin at the 3rd session of the "G20 Compact with Africa" Summit, in which he highlighted Tunisia's successes in strengthening security and promoting transparency, good governance and the investment climate.
- Egypt: Organization of Sudanese Refugees Abroad in Egypt Submit Memo to UN Official on 20/11/2019 at 09:03
[SNA] Khartoum -the Sudanese Refugees Abroad Organization - Egypt's Branch, Tuesday handed over a memorandum on the situation of the rights of Sudanese refugees in Egypt and other countries, and the conditions and difficulties they face in order to achieve their goals in finding a safe place especially as they were subjected to pressure during the period of the past regime.
- Libya: Celebrating Gender Equality in Libya on 20/11/2019 at 08:51
[IWPR] IWPR's work with women-led NGOs highlighted at embassy event.
- Egypt/South Africa: Fearless Amaglug-Glug Eager to Conquer Egypt and Book Place At 2020 Olympics on 19/11/2019 at 13:53
[Daily Maverick] South Africa's U-23 football side are one game away from qualifying for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. They face hosts Egypt in the semi-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Tunisia: Tunisians Returning From Conflict Zones Will Be Prosecuted (Mokhtar Ben NASR) on 19/11/2019 at 13:44
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -All Tunisians returning from conflict zones will be prosecuted upon arrival on the national territory with the exception of children under 13 years old accompanying their parents, said National Counter-Terrorism Commission (CNLCT) President Mokhtar Ben Nasr.
- Tunisia: France Business Agency Organises Technical Seminar On Water and Sanitation, November 19-21 in Tunis on 19/11/2019 at 13:43
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -The France Business Agency is organising, in collaboration with the National Company for the Exploitation and Distribution of Water (SONEDE) and the National Sanitation Utility (ONAS), a technical seminar on Water and Sanitation, on November 19-21 in Tunis, France's embassy in Tunis announced on Tuesday.
- Egypt: Families of Dissidents Targeted on 19/11/2019 at 12:29
[HRW] Beirut -Egyptian authorities have carried out arrests, house raids, interrogations, and travel bans against dozens of relatives of dissidents who live abroad, apparently in reprisal for their activism, Human Rights Watch said today.
- Libya: Libya 'In Race Against Time', but Dissolving Conflict 'A Realistic Prospect', Security Council Hears on 19/11/2019 at 09:20
[UN News] A recent resurgence of violence in Tripoli, means Libya is "ever more in a race against time" to reach peace, however, agreeing the way forward to ending the conflict "is a realistic prospect", the top UN official in the country told the Security Council on Monday.
- Algeria: Algerian MPs Reiterate Support to Sahrawi People, Just Cause on 18/11/2019 at 12:07
[SPS] Algiers -Members of the People's National Assembly paid Monday a visit to the embassy of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) where they reiterated support to the Sahrawi people and their just cause.
- Africa: International Relations On Security Council Mandate Renewal of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara on 18/11/2019 at 12:07
[Govt of SA] Explanation of Vote by Ambassador Jerry Matjila, Permanent Representative of South Africa, to the United Nations, during the Security Council Mandate Renewal of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara (MINURSO)
- Morocco: Moroccan Authorities Arrest Sahrawi Activist Mahfuda Lafkir on 18/11/2019 at 12:04
[SPS] ُel-Aaiun (Occupied Territories) -The Moroccan occupation authorities arrested on Friday morning, in the occupied city of El-Aaiun, Sahrawi activist and human rights defender, Mahfuda Bamba Lafkir, while she was attending the trial of two young Sahrawis.
- Western Sahara: Mass Demonstration in Condemnation of Madrid Tripartite Agreement on 18/11/2019 at 12:04
[SPS] Madrid -Thousands from Sahrawi community associations and their counterparts of solidarity associations with the Sahrawi people in various Spanish regions have demonstrated in Spanish capital, Madrid, in condemnation tripartite agreement that subjected Western Sahara to the unjust partition in its 44th anniversary.
- Algeria: Presidential Election Campaign - Voting Only Way to Get Algeria Out of Crisis on 18/11/2019 at 10:57
[Algerie Presse Service] Candidates to the 2019 presidential election underlined on Sunday, during the first day of their election campaign, the need to vote on December 12 to get the country out of the crisis.
- Tunisia: 'Adjustment of Tunisian-Turkish Trade Balance, a Priority of Mine' - Turkish Ambassador on 18/11/2019 at 10:16
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -The adjustment of the Tunisian-Turkish trade balance is "one of my priorities and I am personally working on projects that we will announce in the next few weeks or months," Turkey's Ambassador in Tunis Ali Onaner said.
- Tunisia: Moderate Islamist Party Picks One of Its Own as Next PM on 18/11/2019 at 08:07
[VOA] Tunisia took a step forward Friday in forming a new government following rollercoaster October elections, with the moderate Islamist Ennahda party proposing a prime minister from its own ranks to lead it. Former junior agriculture minister, Habib Jemli, 60, will now have two months to form a government. If he fails to do so, newly elected President Kais Saied can tap another candidate.
- Kenya/Egypt: Govt Questions FKF Expenditure for Afcon Qualifier Match in Egypt on 18/11/2019 at 07:53
[Nation] The government has questioned Football Kenya Federation's expenditure after an invoice the federation had sent to Ministry of Sports early this week appeared to bear inflated costs.
- Tunisia: Elife - Solution for Tunisian Brain Drain on 15/11/2019 at 11:14
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -A meeting under the theme: "Elife: A solution against Tunisian brain drain" will be held on November 20 in Tunis, at the initiative of the Tunisian-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CTFCI) and the Tunisia Foundation for Development.
- Kenya/Egypt: Brave Harambee Stars Hold Pharaohs on 15/11/2019 at 08:44
[Nation] Harambee Stars on Thursday displayed one of their finest performances in recent times to hold hosts Egypt to a one-all draw in both teams' opening Group G match of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers in Alexandria.
- Kenya/Egypt: Olunga Strikes as Harambee Stars Hold Egypt on 15/11/2019 at 07:57
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Michael Olunga inspired Harambee Stars to picking a point away after holding seven-time Africa champions Egypt 1-1 in their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations Group F Qualifier opener in Alexandria.
- Kenya/Egypt: Olunga Goal Earns Kenya Priceless Draw Against Egypt on 15/11/2019 at 06:46
[Nairobi News] Harambee Stars displayed one of their finest performances in recent times to hold hosts Egypt to a one-all draw on Thursday night in both teams' opening Group G match of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers in Alexandria.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”10″ maximgwidth=”100″]