This is how to make some delicious and cream sauce with chicken breast (or other meats) and button mushrooms. The advantage of chicken is it gets cooked quickly.
- 600 g chicken breast
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 400 g whipped cream (not sweetened!)
- 5 large onions
- black pepper
- curry powder
- vegetable stock powder or cube (e.g. from Maggi (optional))
- salt (to taste)
- Some of the ingredients:
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes, clean and shred the button mushrooms and onions.
- In hot oil in a pan, fry the chicken until it starts to brown.
- Add the mushroom and onions, mix well while stirring now and then until the onions look glassy. As you do that, add pepper, curry and vegetable stock cube (or powder).
- Add the whipped cream and mix well. Add some salt if necessary. Let it simmer on low heat for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, pasta, matooke, chapati ... 😉
The sauce should not end up too watery. This is easy to make & goes well with rice and lots of other accompaniments. If you have no chicken breast, you can use other parts, best cut as much as possible in small parts. For a “real” African chicken, which takes much longer to get ready, it is likely to need more time in oil before adding mushrooms … as it should be cooked through!
You can certainly substitute the chicken with cubes of pork, beef or mutton.