Here is how to make some very tasty cinnamon friendship bread, a recipe provided by “Jackie”.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lg. box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon salt & vanilla respectively
- Starter: A cup of milk, a cup of sugar and a cup of flour, mix them together into a batter and place in a Ziploc bag
- Day 1: Do nothing
- Day 2 - Day 5: Mush the bag
- Day 6: Add to the bag: 1 cup. flour, 1 cup. sugar, 1 cup. milk. Mush the bag
- Day 7 - Day 9: Mush the bag
- Day 10: Follow the instructions ... Pour the entire contents of bag into a NON-METAL bowl.
- Add 1-1/2 cups flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1-1/2 cups milk. Mix with NON-METAL spoon or whisk
- Measure 1 cup of batter into each of 4 one- gallon Ziploc bags. Label with the date. Keep a starter for yourself and give the other three to friends, along with a copy of this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To the remaining batter add; 3 eggs 1-1/2 tsp. baking power
- 1 cup oil 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp.cinnamon, 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar 1 Lg. Box vanilla instant pudding, 1/2 cup milk 1/2 tsp.salt, 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Grease two large loaf pans (glass)
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cups sugar and 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Dust the greased pans with half of this mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake one hour. Cool the bread until it loosens evenly from the pans (About 10 minutes). Serve warm or cold.
Important – before starting!
DO NOT use any metal spoon or bowl for mixing.
DO NOT refrigerate
It is normal to rise, bubble & ferment. Burp as needed.
If you keep a starter for yourself, you’ll be baking every 10 days. The bread is very good and makes a great gift.